.@Stoya can’t give talks in high schools, because she makes porn films. If she could, here’s what she’d say about respecting other people’s boundaries during sex.
A person’s first condom, strap-on, or lacy thong doesn’t come with a pamphlet explaining active consent. Tampon companies don’t print statements on the back of their boxes encouraging teenagers to express their desires and ask for the desires of their sexual partners. Someone should do something about this. It would be extremely inappropriate for me to march into high schools and begin expounding upon communication, respecting other people’s limits, and taking responsibility for expressing your own. What I can do is expound upon some basic guidelines on the internet and hope the core concepts trickle down.
So, here they are:
1. Ask the people you will be having sex with what their preferences and limits are. This fosters active consent and encourages communication.
2. In order for a sexual partner to be able to give you what you want, you have to tell them what your desires are. A sexual partner can’t respect your limits if you don’t express them.
3. It is completely OK to retract your consent during a sex act. You can say that something is more intense than you thought it would be and you are no longer OK with it. If you do not speak up your partner(s) have no guaranteed way of knowing that you are unhappy or uncomfortable.
4. If a sexual partner says something hurts, uses a “safe word” or other signal to communicate that they want the sexual interaction to stop, or just looks unhappy, freaked out, or generally not OK, you need to stop what you’re doing and check in with them.
5. If your partner(s) are drunk or high, their ability to consent is questionable. If they’ve previously expressed distaste for anal sex and are slurring “Fuck my asshole” you should politely decline and bring the subject up later when they’re sober. This applies to any sexual act that you have not previously engaged in with this person.
6. As a general rule, don’t penetrate an orifice, pee, vomit, or bleed on someone, or slap them around without discussing the act first.
7. If your sexual partner(s) express a limit or ask for something to stop and you do not respect it, you are stepping onto a scale that ranges from “jerk” to “full-on rapist”. Personally, I don’t want to be on that scale at all, and I don’t want to engage in sexual activity with anyone who does hang out on that scale.
8. If one of your sexual partners steps on to the jerk-to-full-on rapist scale, call them out on it. You have the right to end the sexual activity you are engaged in and to decline sexual activity with them in the future. There you are. If any condom companies want to use those bits on their wrappers, hit me up.
Originally published in: New Statesman.
To read the entire article, CLICK below:
Follow Stoya on Tumblr: http://stoya.tumblr.com
Follow Stoya on Instagram: http://instagram.com/stoya
Fuck I love her
Not too long ago I had someone laughing at me for asking so many questions and stuff and they said they appreciated it but it was strange to them. I felt bad just because it was very obvious that no one ever took her safety/pleasure into consideration.
This movie is so fun and colorful! I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would, the music is spot on. And I really like the relationship between Groot and Rocket, he’s like a proud papa raccoon ahahaha 8’))))))
<><><> Zoey’s Moth Kit Auction! <><><>
･゜ﾟ･☆ You can also bid by sending me an ask!
Read more for full auction info vvvvv
Because misandry is not actually a systemic and culturally-reinforced oppression. Misogyny is backed by centuries of subjugation of women, by men. And hatred of men by women is often a reaction to abuse and intended to be self-preservational, while hatred of women by men is more often a parroting of culturally reinforced messages of female inferiority and a preservation of male privilege. This post is an older answer to the same question. Next time please check my masterpost before asking these kinds of questions. Take care.
of people calling me a pedophile.
do you know what a pedophile is? it’s someone who is sexually attracted to children. first of all: im against pedophilia cause i would never stand something that could hurt a real person (also it’s fucking gross). second: i’m demisexual. i don’t feel sexual attraction to anyone besides my girlfriend (i don’t even find real people attractive if anything i just like cartoon characters cause i know they aren’t real).
im gonna keep rambling
Self-taught Alaskan sculptor Lee Cross, known professionally as Wood Splitter Lee, creates incredible one of a kind fantasy creatures that are so remarkably lifelike they verge on creepy, which is just one of the things that makes them so awesome. All of Lee’s creatures are completely made by hand without the use of and patterns, molds or casts. Their bodies contain articulated skeletons wrapped with stuffing, making them very soft to handle and fully posable. They’re decorated with carefully hand-applied synthetic fur and paint. As you can see from these photos, some of Lee’s creatures are more fantastic in nature than others, but they’re all amazing to behold.
Lee’s creatures are available for purchase through weekly Auction Adoptions held on eBay.
To check out more of her phenomenal handmade creatures, visit Wood Splitter Lee’s DeviantArt gallery.
all of her stuff is awesome
Well holy crap.
==>Kwii: Break people’s dashboards.
OH MY GOD
IT’S FINALLY DONE
Note: Obviously, the song repeats a few parts so I cut corners and I didn’t make any duplicates, but if you know the song, you can put it together in your heads. *is a lazy fuck*
stalks kwiis blog for her art and stuff oooops
I enjoyed the ep. I was excited and surprised we got to see another gem fushion so soon. It was also interesting to see that Pearl doesn’t feel as strong as Garnet or Amethyst.
I have mixed feels about Sugilite herself. She didn’t really seem as perfect as a blend of the two gems personalities as Opal was. Which may have been intentional hence why she went unstable at the end of the ep.
Like I said I enjoyed the ep and I enjoy Pearl but I really want the creators of the show to show us more character development with Garnet and Amethyst. Like we see so many sides of Pearl but all with get from Garnet is she’s cool and quiet and Amethyst is the joker of the group.
Also, thanks for asking me this. I love being asked my opinions on shows :)
reblogging cause my reply was too long haha
I really feel you on the development for Garnet and Amethyst. I mean we’ve seen tiny bits of what could be hidden with So Many Birthdays and Garnet losing her cool over Steven’s aging and then of course Tiger Millionaire with Amethyst. I’m not sure if it’s just the crewniverse focusing too much on Pearl and that resulting in her getting more development or what.
Also the Sugilite thing is interesting, I kinda didn’t think about it until you mentioned it. My first thought was that it might be Amethyst being the wild card, but that wouldn’t make sense because Opal. But for Garnet and Amethyst to form an almost literal monster in Sugilite to the point where they could lose themselves in her says something about Garnet too. I’d love to see them explore this a bit more; maybe Garnet’s not as composed/stoic as she likes to present herself. I like the idea of Amethyst bringing out whatever hidden wild side Garnet has.
yoooo, I have a lot of ideas and theories as to why Sugilite went wrong. Sugilite seem to have a lot more of Amethyst personality than Garnet. I believed this happened because while Garnet is the leader she isn’t that ‘strong’ of a leader. She rarely shares her ideas with the group and usually goes with whatever Amethyst or Pearl suggests.
So when Amethyst and her fused, more of Amethyst personality took over and Garnet probably allowed or didn’t really fight it because she so use of going with whatever the other gems do.
But I also like your idea too, I never consider that maybe mixing her personality with Amethyst unlocked a hidden side of Garnet.
Ahhhh, There is just so many ways to read the Sugilite thing and I really like a lot of the theories people are coming up with.
Not to mention the fact that Sugilite’s need for violence actually comes from Garnet. There have been so many moments where Garnet’s first reaction was “I’m going to smash this”. In Arcade Mania she destroyed a bunch of the video game consoles because she thought that was how you played them, in Laser Light Cannon her plan was to toss Amethyst at the giant eye hoping it would break, and in So Many Birthdays she said “I thought violence was the answer” in regards to shaking older Steven in an attempt to get him young again.
Garnet is stoic and composed but defiantly thinks with her fists more than with her wits. Pearl is the strategist of the team.
So if you combine Garnet’s physical strength and her “violence will solve the problem” mentality when it comes to fighting + Amethyst’s need to show off and disregard for rules we get a massive fighting machine like Sugilite who’s temper takes over and loves to destroy and be the center of attention.
Makes me wonder how Garnet and Pearl’s fusion will act.